Accessibility for Visitors with Disabilities
Two signposted disabled parking spaces are available outside Skagens Museum. Skagens Museum is wheelchair accessible through the main entrance.
We try hard to provide accessibility for everyone, but in old houses it can be difficult to meet all the requirements. The artist’s homes, Anchers Hus and Drachmanns Hus, may have limited accessibility. Please contact the museum prior to the visit, if you have concerns or questions.
Bicycle parking is available outside Skagens Museum.
Close to Skagens Museum, there is general parking at the following locations: Østre Strandvej (50 spaces), Spliidsvej (24 spaces, paid), Markvej (11 spaces, paid), Chr. Xs Vej (61 spaces. paid).
Close to Anchers Hus, parking is available on Markvej
At Drachmanns Hus, there is parking spaces immediately adjacent to the site.
Bus Drop Off and Pick Up
A space for bus drop off and pick up is available for charter, tour and school busses outside Skagens Museum.
Shops and cafés
The museum shop at Skagens Museum, the café in the Garden House and the café by Anchers Hus can be visited without a ticket to the museums. Both the museum shop and the cafés’ opening times may vary depending on seasonality please read detailed opening times.
Facilities for families with babies and small children
There are baby changing facilities at Skagens Museum, but not in the two artists’ homes. Breastfeeding is permitted everywhere. It is possible either to bring small fold-up pushchairs or borrow a fold-up pushchair or a baby carrier at both Skagens Museum, Anchers Hus, and Drachmanns Hus.
- Do not touch the works of art on display – keep a safe distance from the works of 50 cm.
- All bags must be stored in the free lockers. Too use the lockers at Skagens Museum, you will need a deposit of DKK 10 or one euro. In Drachmanns Hus and Anchers Hus handle bags as instructed.
- Rollerblades, skateboards, and scooters are not permitted inside any of the buildings.
- Food and drink are not permitted inside any of the buildings.
- Packed lunch can only be enjoyed on the grass in the outdoor picnic areas, not in the cafés.
- Photography for private use without the use flash, tripods or monopods is allowed inside the galleries.
- Mobile phones must be muted.
- The museum’s tour guides have priority for use of the works in guided tours context.
- There is a total smoking ban in all buildings. Smoking outside permitted and we kindly ask that you use the set ashtrays.
- Dogs and other pets are not allowed inside any of the buildings (guide dogs excepted). In the gardens, dogs are welcome on leash.
- Show respect. Avoid agitated or noisy behaviour.
Find your way by public transport
Plan your journey from anywhere in Denmark using the journey planner, Rejseplanen.